Thursday, April 12, 2007

Humm....



Welcome to my mind...
I know it may seem a bit cluttered, but fear not, I know my way around, so let's have an adventure.
Philosophers have lead mankind for years, and without thought and musings we would have remained in the caves. (No offense to the Geico caveman). Though Good Book says to stay away from vain philosophy I think it encourages us to know ourselves. That seems a task we take the least time to fulfill. I am a believer in the theory it is not what we know that can hurt us, but what we don't know. Great men seldom fall by their strengths, but by their weaknesses. It strengthens the heart and matures the soul to know oneself, and the course of ones mind.
Mindsets are often formed young and without knowledge to their impact, and yet they govern the course of our thinking. How often have you found yourself saying, I don't know why I react that way, or I don't know why I feel so strongly about that? Because somewhere you made a determinate thought on a matter, and logged it in your data base. Now, anytime anything similar comes up, the file is opened and volia, action engaged! Wouldn't it be nice to think oustside the box we have created, and feel the fresh air of new hope and speculation?

No comments: